HYDROFIRE is a full-service fire safety protection company for industrial, residential, and commercial applications. We specialize in the design and construction of sprinkler systems for fire safety, but our services span a much broader scope. We handle inspections, testing, servicing, and repairs for current systems, and we offer design and construction of new sprinkler systems.
Fire safety systems
There are many types of fire protection. We can help you determine which type to choose, and the best course of action for your particular needs.
Fire Protection Systems-Designed, Installed, Serviced, and Inspected:
- Wet – A wet sprinkler system is a sprinkler system that uses automatic sprinkler heads connected to a piping system that is charged with water. These sprinkler heads hold the water back until they detect fire, whereupon they open. This system is also connected to a large water supply. Fire protection utilizing a wet system discharges water immediately through the sprinklers that have been activated. This means that the water is going to the specific area where fire has been detected.
- Dry – A dry pipe sprinkler system is structured like a wet system, only the pipes are charged with air or nitrogen under pressure. Water fills the system immediately, via a dry pipe valve, once this pressure is released – as when an automatic sprinkler opens or activates. Dry pipe sprinkler systems are installed in areas where wet pipe systems may be inappropriate such as areas where freezing temperatures might be expected.
- Deluge – A deluge system is a sprinkler system that uses open sprinklers that are attached to a piping system that is connected to a water supply through a valve. This valve is opened by a detection system located in the same areas as the sprinklers. When this valve opens, water flows into the piping system and discharges from all sprinklers at once. Deluge systems are used in situations with the risk of a fast developing fire, and large quantities of water are needed quickly, to control it. Deluge valves can be electrically, pneumatically or hydraulically operated.
- Pre-Action – A pre-action sprinkler system is similar to a deluge sprinkler system except the sprinklers are closed. This type of system is typically used in areas containing high value equipment or contents and spaces which are highly sensitive to the effects of accidental sprinkler water discharge. The pre-action valve is normally closed and is operated by a separate detection system. Activation of a fire detector will open the pre-action valve, allowing water to enter the system piping. Water will not flow from the sprinklers until heat activates the operating element in individual sprinklers. Opening of the pre-action valve effectively converts the system to a wet pipe sprinkler system.
Additional Fire Protection Services:
- Monitor Nozzle Stations
- Special Protection Fire Safety Needs
- Diesel and Electric Fire Pumps
- Jockey Pumps
- Backflow Preventers
Locally, we service West Point, Auburn, Columbus, LaGrange, Newnan and more. Our service area extends throughout the states of Georgia, Alabama, and South Carolina.
Read more about our company and its history in the About Us section.
See what others are saying about what we do and our quality work in the Our Work section.